Friday, June 25, 2010

One year, eleven months, and 6 days ago...

... was our wedding day. So what? You ask.

Well since that day...
Our first niece, Katie Grace, was born...
Stephen applied and was accepted at Trevecca for PA school...
He has completed one year of school...
I started/complete almost one year of graduate school at Lipscomb...
I survived my first year of teaching as a second grade teacher...
I also survived my second year of teaching third grade in a testing year...
Blake and Julie had their first child, Emery Claire last Monday (surprise #1 that I mentioned from last post)...
Our first nephew and Katie Grace's brother, Caleb Andrew, was born last Tuesday (surprise #2 from last post)...
[I will post pictures if I get the okay from their parents. They are so cute! I think I have offiicially gotten over my fear of holding newborns. I love holding sweet Emery! I am at Blake and Julie's almost daily - it's pathetic! Julie, I am not getting "the itch," so don't get your hopes up! Ha!]
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... I finally, yes finally, just finalized our wedding album...

Pathetic, uh? In fact, I was afraid to contact our photographer because I thought he would say it was too late. Thankfully, we have the kindest photographer in Nashville. Not to mention, I personally think his work is incredible. I definitely recommend him, not just for weddings but for anything. His name is Derrick Pierce. Do you think I will get a cut in price for that advertisement?

I made so many changes that I have to wait for another mock-up to be completed - but at least the ball is not in my court anymore. I do need to decide between two different album types. The album has been on my to-do list since I received it shortly after our wedding - to be able to cross it off feels incredible.

Maybe in the next 706 days of our marriage I won't procrastinate so much...

Update on Stephen's School
The last two weeks have been ridiculous. Test, after test, after quiz, after mid-term, after mid-term... They are also putting random extra classes in his schedule to prepare them for clincals and other things, which gives him even less time to study. By the way, did I mention that this semester is his hardest one academically? According to Stephen, "I am convinced they want us to fail." There is so much information he has to know; there is no way he can really know it all. It's unbelievable. Doesn’t that just give you the utmost confidence to have a PA giving you care? But just to give you a glimpse of the kind of stress he is experiencing... The night before last he comes to bed at 1ish. He wakes up about an hour later, sitting straight up in bed, and said, "I need to get up, I need to study." My reply, "No you don't!" He tried to continue to tell me that he needed to, so I finally said, "Stephen, it is 2 o'clock in the morning, you are not studying." He lay right down and went back to sleep. He did not recall this occurring when I told him the next morning. One day all this stress will be worth it, right?

P.S. Did all the Bachelor/Bachelorette lovers out there hear that Vienna and Jake BROKE UP? So shocking…right?

1 comment:

  1. What I seriously LOVE about you is that you were actually afraid to contact your photographer because of how long it's been to get YOUR wedding pictures. SO funny. I think I'd be more freaked out that he didn't have them anymore, not that he might be mad at me for waiting so late! lol I seriously just love you :)

    ReplyDelete