Monday, July 19, 2010

What Really Happened…

Nothing says “happy 2nd anniversary” like waking up at 6:30 am to work on grad school for two hours, locking myself out of my house, cutting coupons, going grocery shopping, doing laundry, paying bills, updating our finance spreadsheet, straightening up the house, reading more for grad school, and then running at 3:30 in the sweltering afternoon heat with your beloved and feeling absolutely miserable.

P.S. Blake and Julie, thanks for letting us borrow your hose mid-run! You probably are completely confused because you are just learning this as you read. Yup, we definitely stopped and borrowed your hose without asking when no one was home today. We were dying and desperate!

AND nothing says wedded bliss like your husband rushing out the door and saying “see ya!” instead of the normal “I love you” and kiss goodbye because his hands were loaded down. My reply: “Happy Anniversary to you too!” His stunned looking face with his mouth opened as if he was going to speak but then couldn’t had “oh-man-I-can’t-believe-I-forgot PLUS I-am-going-to-have-to-walk-over-there-now-because-it-is-our-anniversary-and-give-her-a-kiss-goodbye-with-all-this-stuff-in-my-hands-and-I-am-running-late” written all over it. It was priceless. What is the score now? 2 to 1 – ME!



Ok Ok…enough is enough. Now that you have heard Jill’s version of our anniversary, let me tell you the truth. Ask yourself this… “Do I really think that Stephen forgot his anniversary?” If you said yes, you have evidently lost your mind as well. Let’s look at this logically. I am in school right now and my life revolves around remembering things. Jill walked out of the door this morning to get in her car, locked the door, and then realized she didn’t have her keys. This morning when I “appeared” to forget our anniversary I was merely testing Jill. When I got home, Jill wrongly accused me of forgetting how important today was… Here is that conversation:

Jill: You completely forgot our anniversary! Ha, I’m so much sweeter than you.
Me: No I didn’t, I was just testing you. You almost failed too. I was almost out the door.
Jill: I didn’t forget. I was testing you.
Me: No you weren’t. I was proctoring the exam. And you almost failed. I give you a 76% (that’s 1% above passing in PA school).
Jill: (crickets, tough to find a comeback for that one)

So you see, I didn’t forget. I was merely testing my dear wife in hopes to stimulate growth… You are welcome, Jill.

So from now on as you read this blog think to yourself… “I wonder what really happened...”

No comments:

Post a Comment