Sunday, July 19, 2009

One Year Ago...


One year ago today, on July 19, 2008, Stephen and I said these words to each other...
I promise to accept my responsibility as your husband/wife.
I will be faithful always only to you.
I give my soul enthusiastically to our relationship.
I ask that God may bless you and our marriage with faith, with hope, and with love.
I accept you with all my heart as my spouse from this day forward.
May God keep me true to this vow.

I give you this ring because I love you.
Please wear this ring because you love me.
May this love always complete you, and may this love make us one.


I was able to chisel out an evening slot from Stephen's studying schedule. That's saying a lot because he has a Physiology Test tomorrow. We celebrated the occasion with dinner at Fleming's. It was probably our first date in about 5 or 6 months. I can imagine the shock on your face - but Stephen and I love to go out with friends, we have been extremely busy, etc. And honestly, the last thing I ever want to do after a week of work is get all dolled up and go somewhere fancy. I really just love getting in sweats, ordering pizza, and calling it a night. But after getting all dressed up (Stephen even painted my toenails as I was drying my hair because I was running late) holding hands, and laughing together last night - we were giddy like we just started dating - we realized that we should probably have date nights more often. It was the perfect celebration and the food was amazing.


365 days of love
52 weeks of happiness
12 months of dreams
1 year of a beautiful marriage.

That is what the card I gave him says - but let's be honest - it was my first year of teaching as well.
So the more appropriate version...
365 days of being a shoulder to cry on
52 weeks of being an ear to listen
12 weeks of being a mouth of encouragement
1 year of being a rock to lean on.
And I can't believe you stuck it out...

I couldn't have made it through this year without him.
I am so thankful and blessed.

Happy Anniversary, Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment