Friday, July 31, 2009

The Three Amigos Make Their Debut...

This summer I have helped (very sporadically) one of Stephen's old co-workers, Jenny, with her triplets. Yes, triplets. Jenny was Dr. Elrod's assistant. From what I hear, she ran the show at the office - she knew everything about everything. She was definitely loved and it was a very sad day when she left. But she is now a proud mommy of triplets - Maddux, Nola, and Luce.

Typically when I help her - I show up at 10 am for their second feeding of the day. I help feed them, play with them, change diapers, etc. I also help her with the third feeding - and then head home. I have only gone about three times to help her because of scheduling conflicts. I wish I could have helped her more - but she has it down to a science. It is incredible. And for the most part, she is by herself all day with the kiddos. Their feedings are now four hours apart, so that gives her a little more time in-between. And they are sleeping through the night - which definitely helps.

Last Wednesday, I helped her take the triplets to Elite. This was the first time she was able to take the triplets to the office and meet everyone.

I met at her house at 10 am to help feed the little ones, change them, and get them all ready to go. I was shocked that we had fed all three, changed their diapers and clothes, loaded them up, and on the road by 11:30. For those of you that have one child, an hour and a half seems like a long time - but for triplets that's a feat - and there were two people working on the whole process.

We got to Elite by 12:15. I was pushing Maddux and Nola in the stroller and Jenny was carrying Luce (she is the lightest) in her carrier. They have a three-baby stroller, but we would had to move the babies out of their carriers to the stroller. It would have taken quite some time. And the stroller was HUGE and LONG - not very accessible.

Everyone at Elite loved them and were amazed how good Jenny looked after three babies - she looks like she never had a child. Everyone was asking questions because, like me, they can't comprehend how someone could handle three babies all at once.
Here are some more pictures from the visit... People were moving, so some of the pictures look blurry or our camera just stinks. Not sure which one.


Jenny getting ready to take Maddux out of his carrier.
That is the stroller I pushed around for the day.
It was perfect because we just had to set their carriers in there and they were ready to go.
Dr. Elrod with Luce.


He didn't get to spend much time with the babes because he had to go to surgery.
His face lit up when he saw Jenny.
I'm glad we made it time to see him - even if it was just for a few minutes.

Nola Bear.
She's the drama queen - you gotta have one in every family.
She is so cute.

Maddux - mid-yawn.
He is the biggest one of the gang.
He is a cuddler and just precious.
I feed him every time I go over there.
We have bonded.

Jenny taking Maddux to get his diaper changed - and change his clothes.
He peed through his diaper and clothes were wet.
Little Luce.
She was the culprit for the early delivery - she had a blood clot in her placenta.
The plan was for the doctor to get her out first, and when he tried she slid back where he couldn't reach her. She ended up being the last one out.
Luce is the laid back one of the three.

Nola with Jill.

Rick, the MRI guy, holding Nola.
She was all smiles with Rick.

Julianne, Dr. Elrod's nurse practitioner, holding Maddux.

Chasity with Luce.
Chasity is Dr. Elrod's nurse and worked along side Stephen.
Chasity could not get enough of Luce!


They were so good the entire time - which is amazing because they were passed around a lot. They slept all the way home until 3 minutes out - then it was definitely apparent that it had been about 5 hours since they had eaten. When we got home, they guzzled down their bottles in no time.

They are so happy and so sweet. I love hanging out with them.

Keep up the good work, Jenny! You are doing a great job!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jill! For some reason I have never seen this! I just happened to stumble across it today! I can't even tell you how happy I am that you documented this occasion! So much has happened since then and the kiddos are getting so big! We'd love to see you guys sometime! Pop on over to my little DIY blog to see what I'm up to! www.moonpiedreams.blogspot.com. xoxo!!!!! Jenni

    ReplyDelete