Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Could be the Host of "The Bachlorette"

...Three weeks of school down, two packages of Fun-Sized Butterfinger Crisps down the hatch, close to twenty or more strawberry smoothies savored, and over a thousand notecards later... Stephen is gearing up for his toughest week yet.

I sound like Chris Harrison on "The Bachlorette" when he ends EVERY show saying, "We'll see you next week to witness the hardest rose ceremony in Bachlorette history..." Initially, I think "I can't wait!" But really, no week is any different than the last. There is always something big - but it is TV, of course, there is going to be something dramatic each week. But I have to admit I love the drama- so I can't really throw the show under the bus.

I may sound like Chris, but I am actually for real when I say, "Next week may be the hardest week in the history of the Hasselbring household."
Why?
Starting tomorrow, Stephen has an Anatomy written test. On Friday, an Anatomy Lab Test. Then, on Monday, a Physiology Test. Papers due the next two days and another test in Research on Thursday. Phew. I am done. Breathe.

Just in case you wondered what it looks like after studying for 10 plus hours on a Saturday for three different tests - here you go.

[This is posed, but I promise you this is what he really looked like when I walked in the room. He moved before I could get the picture, so I made him pose.]
It is 10:30 pm as I write this and Stephen is still at school studying. Luckly, he has found some people he really studies well with - which makes studying more bearable.
Oddly enough, I think Stephen is more prepared for this week than I am. I am just a nervous wreck. I feel quite useless, so I just pray.
"How will the Hasselbring household handle the week ahead? Stayed tuned to our blog to find out."
Until then, best of luck to Stephen and all his PA school study buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment