Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Second - First Post

Let me translate the title. About an hour ago, I finished my very first post - I was actually really proud of myself, so I tramped upstairs to read it to Stephen (who was studying, of course). I read it to him, made a few changes, and pressed "publish post" to find out that I did not have internet access. What does that mean? My very first post was deleted and I had to rewrite everything.

I was mad.

Stephen was laughing.

So here is my second-first post below:

Welcome to our blog!

It is official. We have done it. We have stepped into the 21st century and have a blog. Many of you (the two people that know this blog exists) are thinking finally; we have had one for years.

For me, this blog means more than just "being up with the times." It means I can finally check "create a blog" off my to-do list. (I really relate to Kupono Aweau, a dancer from "So You Think You Can Dance.") I am a to-do list queen, so today is a great day!

A short disclaimer about our blog. I am writing this blog for myself. (Let's be honest, Stephen could care less.) I am determined to keep up with our lives - especially now that Stephen is in school. I am convinced that if I do not document it - it will be forgotten. I have proof that such things do happen. I was talking to my mom the other day about the years my dad was getting his MBA shortly after they got married. She concluded the conversation by saying, "I don't remember much about those days - I don't know how we got through it all."
I refuse to let that happen to us and would hate to have to say those same words.
In fact, I can't wait for 26 1/2 months (it has only been a few weeks and I am already counting down, YES, I REALIZE) from now. We will be able to look back and marvel at our accomplishments and, probably even, laugh at how we got through it all.
And honestly, I want our kids to have proof that we actually had a life before they came along. [My short disclaimer became never-ending.] My point is that I am not a good writer and not very funny, so I apologize if I do not entertain you. Like I said earlier, I am doing this for me (a.k.a. - I am selfish!) This is the best way for me to keep up with our everyday lives.

Oh yes, I can't forget! I am also doing this for Stephen's parents. I think I am pretty accurate when I say they find things out about a month late. Mind you, it is because I call every once in a while to keep them somewhat informed, not Stephen. So here's to you, Dennis and Diane. This blog will keep you in "The Know-Hassel Zone" on a regular, immediate basis. I am not so selfish after all, right?

Thank you, Moriah Farmer, for formatting/designing our blog. I love it!

Looking forward to continually adding to our story...

3 comments:

  1. I love the new blog! Keep it going and you'll really start to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog! I love doing ours! Now I will have another one to read to aid in my own procrastination regarding school :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am the first "follower"!!! (I would have been the first comment too had I written something when I stopped by earlier. Oh well...)
    I'm so happy you joined the blogging world and am looking forward to future posts. Have fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete